August 17, 2012

Fighter Tunic

Tunic mock up
At War of the Trilliums this year, Duchess Dagmar and I had a really, really excellent conversation about the unique challenges some non-traditionally sized fighters can have with equipment and armour.

I have to say, her mentoring has been such an invaluable part of my experience as a fighter.  Both in a sense of starting to fight, and my development.  I don’t know how to say it any other way, but she is an incredible lady and I’m so proud to fight with her!

After our chat, she kindly lent me one of her tunics as a pattern.  I worked it out before Pennsic and returned it to her there.

I have already used her very versatile pattern to develop some quick camp chemises/undertunics.  Now that I’m back from Pennsic, I can take one making a few good linen fighter tunics to wear.  It will be nice to combine my armour pants with a tunic instead of a turtle neck!  

This will be a priority in the fall to work on.